Sunday, February 22, 2009

[Hike] Cuyamaca Peak "Redux" - Descanso, CA

So, just for kicks, I decided to go back and do Cuyamaca Peak EXACTLY a year after I did it the first time !
I was curious to see if the weather would be any different and also note any changes to the trail and surrounding geography. What was amazing was that I saw none (or very minimal) - It was just as beautiful and amazing as it was the first time around! - perfect 65F odd temperatures and snow on the mountain (up to a foot at some points). What made it even better was the awesome company of a big (10 people) group!
Since, I already put up the hike stats and description on the blog post from the first time I went up, I am not going to repeat that here and instead, just post up a few selected (of the over 100) pics I took, on the trail...

Starting out at the campground....


Quick stop to grab some chocolate chip ice-cream...


(I took the next one in two different exposure levels, just to demonstrate how changing that can make the weather look different... in this case... absence of clouds!)
Love the contrast of colors in this next one...
And then we meet the (not so) abominable snow-man...
... who says "Y? Y ? Y? Y? oh, Y?"... (would you come here?)...

Yeah... I had this thing for Tree #4! ;-)

The magic of "post processing"...
A little "Artsiness" never hurt...
The rowdy inhabitants of Cuyamaca Peak, that had "permanent camping permits" to the place!

And, finally...my obsession, with trying to get the perfect woodpecker pic...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pics...I'm gutted I had to miss out :(

Anonymous said...

I told you its going to have snow :)... Share the other 100 pics too.

Swami

Anil said...

Thank, Vivek. Yes, you should have!

Swami... I would, but, there's going to be several photos of the same object/ scene, in an attempt to capture the perfect one :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing views and awesome pics Anil.My favourite is first pic in --little "Artsiness" never hurt section..

Anonymous said...

Amazing views and awesome pics Anil.My favourite is first pic in --little "Artsiness" never hurt section..

Rachana Pandya said...

Amazing pics!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't stop looking at the woodpecker shots!

Anil said...

Thanks y'all :)