Saturday, December 29, 2007

A new reason to be back!

Been a while since I posted any new photos here... but now I have more reason to do so, my new Canon S5-IS!!

Just got the camera a couple of weeks ago. Here are some initial test shots I took with it.

The first 4 photos, emphasize the "color accent" feature, that allows you to filter out all colors in a photograph, except one (green, by default). I still need to figure out how to change the default, so if you already know it, please let me know through a comment!



The last 2 photo's attempt to demonstrate the 48x zoom on the canon S5-Is (12x optical + 4x digital). Notice how the fishermen, in the left pic are hardly noticeable, when no zoom is used.









1 comment:

Penny said...

Hi Anil, Yes this is South Australia, in summer and in some ways very similar to your areas of southern Clifornia. We are in the early stages of summer but have had a few years of drought so some places look worse than others. Penneshaw is on Kangaroo Island which is just off the tip of the Flerieu Peninsular in South Australia. I love it, and where we live on our farm but it can look very harsh. i flew from San Francisco down to San Diego in late September a few years ago, and the climates and conditions are similar.